Wednesday, March 5, 2014

sprites, fireballs and horse farts....

I'm on a roll and posting three days in a row! Woo-hoo!

Today brings us another test with the Lefty Leonardo pinhole camera.
I've been trying to figure out if the old expired box of Delta 400 sheet film I have is absolutely toasted so shot another sheet of it today.
 
The developed film is really rough looking with all kinds of grit on it that won't rinse off no matter how long I have it in the water.

Anyway, this is another example of shooting with the Sun in the frame and it causing all kinds of glints, flares, sprites and fireballs.

To add to the ambiance of the photo, this horse that normally comes to the fence to investigate what I'm doing and usually tries to eat the camera, decided to play coy today and mostly had it's backside to me...plus it farted as it was just standing in the field ignoring me.  I'm not sure what to make of that, but didn't take it personally!  I'm just really glad the wind was blowing the other direction today!

I'll keep using the film as it looks better when it's scanned, but as far as using it for printing...I think it's too far past its prime.

Enjoy your day and thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. I really like those effects I did find I had that sort of thing myself once. Just the once! http://www.flickr.com/photos/schlapp/2310847960/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and photo. I'm having trouble trying not imagining the sun flare on the photo as eminating from the horse's posterior.

    ReplyDelete