Wednesday, June 18, 2014

First shot out of that box...

Ta-da!

Here's my first shot out of that box I've been building and talking about the past few posts.




This was done on some Ilford 125 speed black and white and I made the exposure about 5 seconds long...You know I don't count or use a meter so this is my best guess.

I was watching the clouds drift by and kind of got caught up in daydreaming while making the exposure.

Anyway, rumor has it that they are going to refurb these old Whiting Bros. signs as soon as the nest of owls moves out of the sign in the distance so I wanted to get a few shots of them before the change.

This place is on Route 66 in Moriarty, New Mexico if you want to go check them out for yourself.  I'm probably going back tomorrow to make a few more shots...

I want to get closer and also use a couple of other pinholes I have.

oh, I dunked the negative in caffenol for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Great image, it has just the right amount of light falloff at the corners for my taste. Well done. I've been meaning to get back out to the east mountain area again, perhaps a visit to Moriarty is in order.

    ReplyDelete