Monday, May 4, 2015

Hanging out with the Woodpeckers

Remember I said I was going to do some bird watching a few posts back?

Well today I spent some time watching a woodpecker hop around looking for bugs in my wood pile.

We heat our house with a wood burning stove, so we have a stash of firewood...always!

This is a bonus because the woodpeckers like to hunt for bugs among the logs.


You can't see it, but there was a Bluebird watching me watch it just on the other side of the bucking rack.

The woodpeckers around my house like to drink the sugar water out of the hummingbird feeders too...I'm not sure what to think of that, but they are fun to watch in all their contortions trying to sit upright while getting their sugar high!

Pinhole photo made with the "Foxy Mouse" pinhole camera on some old Ilford satin paper...and as always dunked in caffenol.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment