Friday, December 16, 2016

Port Aransas, Beach

I've been going to this place since I was about 8 years old.
It's special.
I remember sleeping in a tent on the sand with my family and my mom cooking breakfast on an open fire in a cast iron skillet.
Yeah, it was great, gritty, windy, sand everywhere kind of wonderful.
That probably sounds uncomfortable, but as a kid you don't notice things like sand in your shoes, hair, everywhere like you do as an adult.

I still go here once or twice a year.
It feeds my soul and tans my toes!

Not much has changed along the shoreline over time, but the small town of Port A, as locals call it has grown quite a bit in the past umpteen years.

There's a CVS pharmacy on the island now!
An atrocity as far as I'm concerned, but progress is progress I guess.....I spend all my time walking, feeding the gulls, watching ships come in the channel, looking for shells and listening to the water.
It's therapy.  Nothing matters here. Nothing.

Take your shoes off, roll up your pants legs and enjoy!

Zero Image 2000   6 x6 pinhole
T-max 100






1 comment: